General Job Description/Team Overview:
This position is located within the Pre-Clinical Department to support projects involving retrovector-based products for cancer immunotherapy. The successful candidate will be in a fast-paced, collaborative, performance-oriented and interdisciplinary environment dedicated to meeting research and manufacturing milestones in service to the patients enrolled in our clinical trials. This individual will be responsible for performing under general direction, complex experiments, and other research activities. The core technical skills of the position include molecular biology techniques, cell function assays, cell culture, and immunological techniques. The successful candidate will integrate advice and feedback from team members and management with their own expertise in developing additional contributions above and beyond these core requirements. This position offers a unique opportunity to join in the continuing rapid growth of a Phase I clinical development company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Perform complex experiments independently with accuracy and focus within a time frame. • Perform wet-lab research experiments such as tissue culture, DNA/RNA extraction, cloning, qPCR/ddPCR, flow cytometry, and ELISAs.
• Assist and perform animal studies including mouse handling, injection, cell harvesting.
• Basic histology work including examining slides under microscope, H&E staining, processing, embedding, and sectioning FFPE/frozen tissues for IHC or ISH (in situ Hybridization) analysis.
• Provide technical support and assistance to team members.
• Report and discuss findings with supervisors.
• Follow guidelines to document all experimental procedures, conditions, observations, data, and results in detail in either a lab notebook or quality control document.
• Produce scientific representations of the data for documentation and for scientific presentations.
• General lab management including but not limited to equipment maintenance, receiving and distribution of supplies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in relevant scientific field with a minimum of 1-2 years of lab experience (industry or academic), or a Bachelor of Science degree in relevant scientific field with a minimum of 3+ years of industry experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• High level of motivation and initiative.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
• Attention to detail and diligence in experimental design, data analysis and review.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated hands-on technical proficiency and independently conduct experiments and present work.
• Knowledge of biosafety guidelines and procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and others as applicable.
• Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
• General knowledge of Federal and State regulatory requirements in a GxP environment.
• High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
If you're interested in joining our Team, start by applying here and attaching your resume.