General Job Description/Team Overview:
As part of a talented, fast-paced, collaborative, performance-oriented multi-disciplinary team advancing new approaches to drug discovery, development, and manufacturing involving gene therapy products for cancer immunotherapy, the successful candidate will support research and pre-clinical operations. This individual will be responsible for performing under general direction, complex experiments, and other research activities. The core technical skills of the position include molecular biology techniques, cell function assays, cell culture, and immunological techniques. The successful candidate will integrate advice and feedback from team members and management with their expertise in developing additional contributions above and beyond these core requirements. This position offers a unique opportunity to join in the continuing rapid growth of a Phase I clinical development company. The level will be determined based upon the candidate’s education, skills, and/or related experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Independently execute complex experiments with accuracy, focus, and within the designated time frame.
· Perform wet-lab research experiments such as tissue culture, DNA/RNA extraction, cloning, qPCR/ddPCR, flow cytometry, and ELISAs.
· Assist with and perform animal studies including mouse handling, injection, and cell harvesting.
· Basic histology work including examining slides under a microscope, H&E staining, processing, embedding, and sectioning FFPE/frozen tissues for IHC or ISH (in situ Hybridization) analysis.
· Provide technical support and assistance to team members.
· Report and discuss findings with supervisors.
· Follow guidelines to document all experimental procedures, conditions, observations, data, and results in detail in either a lab notebook or quality control document.
· Produce scientific representations of the data for documentation and scientific presentations.
· General lab management including but not limited to equipment maintenance, receiving, and distribution of supplies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of 1-2 years of lab experience (industry or academic), or a Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of 3-4 years of industry experience.
· Knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology (cloning) and mammalian tissue culture.
· Experience in RT-qPCR, cell-based assays, and/or viral vector production is a plus.
· Demonstrated hands-on technical proficiency, diligence in experimental design, recordkeeping, data analysis, and review.
· Knowledge of biosafety guidelines and procedures.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· High level of motivation and initiative.
· Able to stand a prolonged time and lift 30 lbs.
· General knowledge of Federal and State regulatory requirements in a GxP environment.
· Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and others as applicable.
· Excellent organization skills with attention to detail, and articulate with good presentation skills.
· High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when needed.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Eligible to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
If you're interested in joining our Team, start by applying here and attaching your resume.